Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer-Editing Blog

   After a couple of weeks during the filming and editing process, my class took a day to review another group's progress. Peer-editing allows us to explain to others what elements we liked and what elements could be improved. The person assigned to us had already completed all of the editing required and only had to focus on finishing touches. There were several aspects of the movie that I really enjoyed. Such aspect includes the good lighting throughout. Every scene could be seen clearly and there was no questioning what was occurring at any point during the movie. Furthermore, I also appreciated the thought put into each scene. A split scene was used very nicely where both actors were in the bathroom. Also, the separate conversations that were being held allowed me to completely understand the plot and left me wanting to know more. This is very important since it means that the plot is interesting and captivating.
   On the contrary, I noticed some things that I felt could have been represented better. An example would be how the twins in the movie are portrayed. Without context from the student, I wouldn't have understood that the two assassins were twins who never met each other. In the movie, there are small signifiers of each asssassin having a sibling but it would be difficult for an audience to see the connection immediately. A suggestion for this particular aspect would be for the student to incorporate each actors' last name in a clip from the two minutes in order for the audience to recognize that they are related. Another aspect that I noticed were that some scenes lasted a little too long. This, however, can easily be fixed as the student was over the two minute limit anyway so there aren't any shortage of video concerns. The only other thing that I could possibly comment on are the finishing touches that need to be added. This includes all of the titles which haven't been placed in the video. It also includes an addition of non-diegetic sound but the student was conscious of this before I began to peer-edit.


No comments:

Post a Comment