Thursday, March 12, 2020

Filming Blog: The extension cord never gets old

   After my group and I saw the amount of work that we had been able to finish during our first day filming, we all decided that the following weekend would be convenient for all of us. Since I had kept the camera and tripod on me from the first day, I had to carry both at school. When I got to class, I asked Amy to re-check out the materials. After school, Amy texted me and told me that she left the tripod in the school bus on her way home. I was upset because it would be difficult for me to adjust my schedule the following week. I knew that we would be able to film without the tripod, but I figured that it would be best to spend our time and devotion on a product that doesn't come out shaky or blurry. Amy thankfully retrieved the tripod Monday afternoon and I suggested that her and Aitan come over to film on Tuesday. However, I didn't notice that I had plans scheduled and I would get home pretty late. At around 6:30 pm, I texted the group chat and asked if they could come over in the next thirty minutes to film and to be able to finish the scenes that needed to take place at my house. Thankfully, by 7 pm, both of my group mates arrived and we started filming immediately. Since I had expected to return the camera after the weekend, it never occurred to me to charge it. Consequently, I had to get the extension cord from the garage once again.
   Since we began filming pretty late, I told Amy and Aitan that we had to move pretty quickly and efficiently. I decided that it would be better to not redo any of the scenes that we had covered last time we were filming to ensure that all boxes on the storyboard were at least filmed once. The remaining scenes needed in the main room were finished up in thirty minutes. Then, I moved the tripod and camera into the hallway where we would continue. Once I got to the main hallway, I realized that I didn't know how to set up the lighting. If I turned on the family room light, it would be too bright and the lighting wouldn't create any suspense. If I left that light off however, nothing would be able to be seen. Aitan handed me his phone with the flash on and told me to set it right under camera. This was able to provide clear lighting but the flashlight was very noticeable through the video.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment