Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog: Loading...

Since my group and I filmed on Monday, we came to class on Tuesday prepared to immediately start editing. I was the first one of the group to get to class. I didn't get computer 16 because of the audio problem that I encountered last class. When I got to my seat, I turned on the computer and signed in. I asked Amy to get an SD card reader and to put in the SD card. I noticed that it had not been put in properly so I asked Aitan to fix it. Once I got the reader back, I inserted it into the computer. I selected Pinnacle Studios and waited for about 5 minutes for it to load. However, the program never loaded.
I grabbed another computer, thinking that the one that I previously had an error. The same exact thing happened with that computer as well. The group that sat beside us offered me a computer that they hadn't used so I tried going to Pinnacle Studios on that one. After the failed attempt, the group that sat in front of us offered a computer as well. I asked Amy to log in with her account in case the faults were due to my login. Once she logged in, I went to Pinnacle Studios and the program, once again, did not work. I tried various techniques to try to make the program load on every computer however, none worked. My group and I then attempted to ask our teacher for help but she was not available at the moment. The only possible answer that I had for as to why every other students computer was working and ours were not, was that there was low internet. This only makes partial sense however because if this were the actual cause, then other students would be experiencing the same issues as us. Unfortunately, this meant that my group and I had lost two valuable days for editing.


No comments:

Post a Comment