Friday, March 13, 2020

Filming Blog: Scary Atmosphere

   Continued from my last blog, my group and I were more than halfway done with our time together and we still had several scenes to get done. I set the proper lighting in the kitchen with a control that made the light get really dim. One issue that I noticed as we were in the kitchen is that the light switch would click and the lights would take a while to turn on. I didn't want the audience to assume that this scene was glitching or something like that so I figured that in class, I would edit the sound to fit the scene. As these scenes were done, I asked Aitan and Amy to set up the tripod and camera according to the next box in the storyboard. As they did that, I went to my room and began typing on my computer. I had forgotten that for the scenes in the dining room, an envelope needed to fall from behind the curtains with a letter inside containing a message. I wrote this message out and got an envelope from my grandpa's room and headed to the dining room. I set the envelope behind the curtains and adjusted the lighting to make it low.
   Once every scene inside of the house was filmed, we all went outside into the road. The street light was thankfully on so we had the perfect setting. The outside of my house only has one outlet but even with the extension cord, the camera wouldn't extend far enough. This meant that I would only have about twenty minutes to film every scene that occurred outside. I brought out my dog Bella along with her collar and leash for Amy to hold. I set up the tripod exactly where it needed to be but we got interrupted several times by a passing car. These scenes definitely required more takes in comparison to those inside of the house due to factors that we had no control over such as wind gusts, cars, and distracting noises. One noise that we took advantage of however were sirens in the background. I decided to film as we heard them to add a sense of crime in the neighborhood. As we filming, a car came up to us and stopped right in front of us. At first, we were pretty scared but I then noticed that the car belonged to my neighbor and I guess he was curious as to what some kids were doing near his house. Like I had asked of us in the very beginning, we were able to move fast and finish filming the storyboard within a total of two hours.

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment