Thursday, April 2, 2020

Editing Blog: Some Progress Made

   I spent the rest of the study hall period emailing myself all of the takes that were filmed. When school finished, I decided to go on IMovie to see if this method would really work. I wouldn't call myself slow in regards to technology but, I had never used IMovie before. I had no idea how to transfer the emails into the app. It wasn't until I selected the option to download the videos that I realized that I could upload downloads from IMovie. It took me some time to get the hang of it, but after a while, it became pretty easy. Because I was already so behind on editing the final project, I knew that I would have to edit most of it at home. This had its advantages as I was editing on my phone, meaning that I would be able to carry the video with me everywhere. This allowed me to edit anywhere that I preferred.
   I started to work on IMovie but I realized that it didn't have most of the options that Pinnacle Studios offered me. If this wasn't the case however, then I simply didn't understand how its functions worked. For example, I could not find out how to detach the audio on the clips that I had available and this would be an issue for future scenes. That being said, I also didn't know how to incorporate music into IMovie. Additionally, when trying to insert the titles into the video, IMovie only gave me a limited amount of fonts and spaces to place the titles. IMovie would also only let me cut the takes to a certain point. This wasn't good because some scenes were only meant to show for a very small time frame and IMovie wasn't permitting me to cut miniature clips. When trying to insert a specific transition, I realized that IMovie only had very little good options. The hardest aspect that I would have to deal with was the very small screen that I would have to edit on. I did the most that I could've done on the program but the video still wasn't complete. This was because some scenes hadn't been filmed yet and some scenes needed to be filmed again.



No comments:

Post a Comment