Friday, April 3, 2020

Filming Blog: Amy's house for a change

   The last portion of scenes that needed to be filmed all needed to be done at Amy's house. This acted as a refresher for all of us since every other meeting had been at my house. Another good thing about this instance is that there were very few scenes that needed to be filmed. I had predicted that I would be done within an hour's time. I was prepared in advance for our meeting. I made sure that I had the SD card with me and the camera. To ensure that we wouldn't have to use an extension cord, I had charged it beforehand. Once I arrived, we all went into the kitchen to prepare the room. Amy had already cleared out most of the kitchen that would be seen in the video but there were other things that needed to be moved. For example, in one scene, I pull out a dog's leash from a drawer. The drawer didn't have enough room for the leash however, so I cleared out some things and moved everything towards the back. In the first scene that we filmed, I was the only actress that would be present. Aitan filmed around five takes because after three, I remembered that this scene was a part of an action match. In that action match, I needed my hands to seem as if I was arguing and they had to be on either side of my body. We decided to incorporate a new scene that wasn't originally in our storyboard to allow the video to flow smoother. In this scene, Amy would be walking to the kitchen as she responded to me calling her.
   The day went by very smoothly. It did take several, ok, a lot of takes when filming Amy and I having a conversation. We kept on laughing and stuttering but eventually, we were able to maintain a serious face and play the part. I had to play an actress again in another scene in the kitchen where I opened the drawer and took out the dog leash. Then, another scene where I close the drawer and pick up the dog leash. After everything in the kitchen was filmed, we all went to Amy's room because of its dark lighting. I only had one more scene that I needed to be in where I made a call to Aitan and he answered. After that, we were finished filming!


No comments:

Post a Comment