Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming Blog: Finally Began

Prior to any filming, my group and I discussed that our first day filming our two minute opening sequence for the movie would be on February 16th. Since the movie was going to be filmed at my house, I had ensured that the rooms which would be seen on video were organized and set up correctly. I received a notification and read a text message from Amy, one of my group members. She was apologizing for leaving the camera and tripod at school even though both were checked out. The materials were left in a classroom, meaning that we would not have a chance to film that day. I was very stressed and upset because all of our schedules were different and we each had various commitments. Sunday was one of the few days that all of us would be available. I consulted my mom and asked her for advice. She suggested a variety of different days that I hadn't considered so I asked my group. They both confirmed that they would be available on Thursday during the evening. During Thursday, I stopped by the media studies classroom and checked both the camera and the tripod. I made sure that both materials were working properly and had all of their corresponding pieces. I figured that it would be best for me to carry the equipment since what was being filmed on Thursday would be done at my house.

Wednesday afternoon, I had a track and field competition that lasted until very late at night meaning that I had very little time to organize the settings that would be filmed in. On Thursday, I arrived at home about fifteen minutes before the rest of the group showed up. In those fifteen minutes, I got ready and quickly prepared the main room. Aitan and Amy arrived and we immediately started filming. The camera was low on battery so I went to the garage and got an extension cord so that there wouldn't be difficultly in moving the camera around the room. Rather than starting to film outside, I discussed with my group that it would probably be best if we began in the main room because the sun was just then setting and the streets did not create any element of suspicion. During the first portion of our filming process, I was the person in charge of filming, but Aitan was there to provide assistance and help me determine how some scenes should be approached.



No comments:

Post a Comment