Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: At last, first day complete!

   On the first day that my group and I filmed, we managed to complete many of our storyboard scenes successfully. For basically every scene, there were at least two to three takes. At the start of filming, I was behind the camera recording as well as properly positioning Amy. Unfortunately, I completely forgot about the gag that was supposed to be in Amy's mouth. This meant that I would have to re-film six of the storyboard boxes again. After these were filmed, we all took a small break and ate pizza. Once we were all concentrated once again, I re-positioned myself with the camera. Some scenes and their according angles were pretty difficult to film. Such angles included a high angle, where Aitan came to help make the tripod move the camera higher. Additionally, the extension cord would get tangled up and knotted. Due to this, at times when I was filming, the camera would get held back. In one instance, Aitan re-shot a scene while I held the extension cord across the bed so it wouldn't disrupt or shake the camera.
   I decided that it would be best to film all of the scenes that would take place in the main room rather than chronologically. I made this decision because I considered the amount of additional time that it would take if we continuously moved from one place to another. Some scenes took place in other rooms, some outside, and some in a different house. I understood that by doing this, as we edited, our result would only be segments of certain parts in the movie. Fortunately, we were able to completely finish 20 of our storyboard boxes in the span of three hours. In our storyboard, this would equate to the 25th scene, however, five of these scenes would take place at Amy's house. It took my group longer than usual because I was acting like a perfectionist and I wanted the scenes to be filmed to the best of my ability. Also, I would occasionally need help in figuring out which knobs on the tripod to turn and how certain functions would work. In these cases, I would have to reach out to Aitan for his assistance. For the remaining scenes, we would have to plan a different day, hopefully during the weekend so we would have enough time to film all of the scenes that needed to be done at my house.



No comments:

Post a Comment