Monday, January 27, 2020

Title Research: Watch the Titles Website

During this portion of my group's research, we are starting to look into titles. To help us as we research, we will be looking at the website www.watchthetitles.com. The structure of this website is very convenient as everything is placed where my group and I can easily locate it. We are looking at this site to develop a better idea on how titles are placed in movies. We also wanted to see if their placement or the moment they're seen affects their significance. While looking through this website, I realized that there are a lot of different movie beginnings provided that relate to the crime genre. "Watch the Titles" separates the top of its home screen into Title Sequences, Designers, Studios, and Search. As I mentioned before, this structure allows for easy identification of what I need to select: Title Sequences. It was also convenient for this website to cut the title sequences into just the first couple of minutes which meant that I would be able to know when the titles would stop showing up. With every movie, the website provides its title and a picture so that the audience somewhat understands what the movie will be about regarding its genre. This helps me save time and look through some videos more efficiently as I won't be selecting movies that don't have anything to do with my group's genre. After watching a couple of videos, I learned that the main title of the movies is normally shown very creatively and spark interest. This ensures that the audience's attention is captured and that they continue to watch the remaining portion of the movie. How the titles are placed and their order, is determined by their importance. An example is the director, whose role is very valuable and the majority of the time is seen at the end of the title sequence, usually the last job.

No comments:

Post a Comment