Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Genre Research: Crime PowerPoint




In the PowerPoint,I talked about all aspects of crime and movies that incorporate this genre. I talked about lighting and how crime movies usually use black and white lighting or low-key lighting, which creates a chiaroscuro effect. I said that panning shots are used to go from one scene to another. Usual props most commonly used are guns and knives to increase the tension in the film. Crime movies often have elements of harm to others which increases the tension and suspense in certain scenes. I mentioned some examples such as The Godfather and Scarface. Sounds used are mostly non-diegetic and incidental music to build suspense or the conflict. The elements that I favor are the worry and fear instilled in the audience that increases interest. I also favor the suspense and action that occurs throughout the entirety of the movie which makes it worthwhile to watch. An element that I dislike is that sometimes the plot builds up very slowly and it takes a long time for the conflict to be introduced.

No comments:

Post a Comment