Friday, January 17, 2020

Start of Final Task

Hey guys! My name is Katherine and I am 16 years old. I am a tenth grader and a part of the class of 2022. I consider myself a hard-working student and always try to make school my priority. I am a part of the track and cross country team at my school. I have been running since I was 11 years old and I haven't quit because of the incredible feeling of accomplishment that I feel every time I run. When I'm not at practice, I tend distract myself by reading dystopian novels or getting ahead on any school work. I also volunteer whenever I'm available to remind myself of what's important and to help out my community either by working at a food bank, a church, or at a library. I've been considering college a lot lately and I wanted to ensure that I was a worthy candidate. With this in mind, I have recently applied to two jobs and started exploring the different scholarships available to me. Aice Media Studies was one of my choices for an interesting and challenging coarse that I wanted to take this year. I have been fortunate to be able to work with two of my friends who which I work great with, Amy and Aitan.
During the first couple of weeks of taking this class, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to grasp to knowledge associated with the material. However, after a while, I finally started to understand and relate what I was learning to the real-world. By doing this, I realized just how detailed each film is and the effort and thought put behind each one. In this class, I have learned the different types of camera angles and camera movements and the purpose for their use. I also learned about the importance of costumes, lighting, actors, makeup, props, and setting to deliver the message of a film properly. By being in this class, I've paid attention to sounds and their functions, how some deliver an increase of tension while others belong particularly to one character. The part of this course that has interested me the most however, has been the editing incorporated with the making of a film. I have learned so many things regarding editing a film such as creating a split screen, changing the dimensions of the video, and cutting the takes to fit the sound that goes along. I'm most excited to deliver on my editing skills for the upcoming project. I like to challenge myself with new ideas and tasks in order to continue learning new things.
For the video that we were assigned to make for Aice, my team members and I each came up with a pitch each. A pitch is a summarized version of an idea for a film in 25 words or less. My pitch idea was to show a restrained girl who wakes up and has flashbacks to her kidnapping as she realizes that she's trapped and has to escape without being caught. Amy's pitch idea was to show a psychotic girl who falls in love with a serial killer. Aitan's pitch idea was to show an important woman to the United States government who gets kidnapped and has to find a way to escape.


No comments:

Post a Comment