Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory

   Hey guys!! My name is Katherine and I’m a tenth grader at FLHS. I think that my life is pretty great. I view myself as a hard-worker and a motivated student. Since kindergarten I have been able to attend school everyday and maintain perfect attendance, regardless of any colds, fevers, or pink eye... Additionally, ever since letter grades were used, I’ve maintained straight A’s in all of my classes. I’m definitely very competitive and I try to express myself in many ways however, mainly through track. I have been apart of track and field since sixth grade and cross country since eighth grade. I love track because it helps me deal with any stress that I’m facing by helping me use up all my energy on running. Unfortunately, I happen to get injuries pretty often. I’ve gotten shin splints three times and a hip flexor strain but somehow, I always recover.
   This year, I have tried to get more involved in clubs that don’t interfere with track and so far I joined book club. If I’m being honest, I stopped reading books in middle school because I was convinced that I had lost interest and I wouldn’t have time. However, this summer I decided to start reading again as I began volunteering in a library. I started off pretty slow but once I started the Red Queen series, I literally could not stop. Totalled up, I read 13 books during the summer and I am still going at it, currently reading the last book of The Lunar Chronicles.
   When it come to my friends, I can't think of anyone else who I'd rather have by my side. Of my closest friends, I've known one since first grade, another since sixth, another since eighth, and the most recent since ninth. My friends are genuinely amazing people and they each obtain characteristics that distinguish them from everybody else. We all go to the same school and even though we see each other every morning and afternoon, we try to get together after school and on the weekends. I would say that generally, the most common place that we'd go to would be a restaurant or someone's house but honestly, we could be anywhere and still have a substantial amount of fun.
   As for my likes and dislikes, most people that know me are aware that I absolutely love ice cream. My favorite flavor is chocolate but put any type of flavor in a bowl and I'll devour it. This excludes mint chocolate chip however, because I have never been able to eat that disgusting combination. For the most part, I am pretty lenient with most things that people dislike or have a pet peeve with except for when people interrupt each other and don't let the message across.
   Thanks for reading, sincerely, Kathy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment