Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the Commercial

   In order to begin the filming process for the Gatorade commercial, a consent form had to be signed. I got the sheet from a cubby and brought it to my group. While they signed it, I retrieved the camera and its bag, a tripod, and a pass to film outside on the track and field. Before our group headed to the track, I grabbed all of the equipment and props that I had brought with me. I brought a football, a towel, and a watch. I planned to use both the towel and the watch as I ran in the commercial. I also brought an organic Gatorade bottle and strawberry Gatorade chewables. I got changed, as well as the other athletes, and my group headed to the field.
   I was the first athlete to be filmed. My role was to get into starting position in order to begin sprinting. Regrettably, the last time that I actually attempted doing this was in eighth grade so multiple takes had to be done. After my group decided on a take for the commercial, we moved on to Andrew who was going to do push-ups. I ensured that the appropriate props were being displaced on the scene and that the Gatorade brand would be demonstrated from where the camera was. I also assisted in deciding the directions from which the scene should've been filmed. I tried various angles to determine which the sun would compliment best. Once that scene was complete, another one of my scenes was filmed. In this case, I decided to place the towel on the fence and a track bag on the ground with a Gatorade bottle nearby. Originally, it had been discussed that I would simply look tired from running and proceed with the rest of the scene. However, I brought up the idea to run up to the fence to add a realistic approach. Additionally, I ran approximately 200 meters to actually seem as if I was tired.
   Our group's first idea was for there to be a football player. Unfortunately, the athlete that was supposed to have this role, did not bring the appropriate clothing to act as a football player. Amy and I then brainstormed and decided that she could act as a gymnast. On that morning before school, I had thought that an instance like this would occur. Consequently, I brought an extra shirt. With a new and revised plan, Amy and I hurried back to the school building. There, we quickly changed and I gave her the extra shirt and the shorts that I was wearing. We returned back to the track and started filming immediately to avoid any time complications. I thought that Amy should've been located relatively near where Andrew was filmed for sunlight purposes. I also felt that the scene should have been filmed from the side rather than the front. My reasoning behind this was to show the full complexity of what Amy was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment